Also in this package
- COVID-19: Pakistan ramps up restrictions for Eid Al Fitr — in pictures
- COVID-19: India’s vaccine programme needs a boost
- COVID-19: Indian states already under lockdown or similar curbs
- COVID-19: 6 things Bollywood fans will miss this Eid Al Fitr 2021
- Photos: Nepal overwhelmed by surge of COVID-19 infections
- Eid Al Fitr celebrations amid COVID-19 restrictions in UAE
Abu Dhabi: The Ministry of Health and Prevention on Thursday announced the detection of 2,167 new COVID-19 cases and three deaths.
This takes the total infections in the country to 563,215 and death toll to 1,664.
The new cases were detected after 225,957 PCR tests were conducted across the country over the past 24 hours.
Meanwhile, 2,137 infected people recovered from the virus, shooting up the total number of recoveries to 543,023.