Also in this package
- Reader’s photo essay: Have a glimpse of the Emirati culture, and traditions at Al Seef, Al Fahidi, and Al Shindagha districts in Dubai
- Photos: Paris ballet stars bring relief in children’s hospital
- Photos: Chinese monk who saved 8,000 strays is dog’s best friend
- Danger and demons: Yemen’s mysterious ‘Well of Hell’
- Hyundai buys robot dog maker Boston Dynamics
- Pakistani stars Fawad Khan, Sarah Khan have some big news
Lima: A strong earthquake shook Lima and regions of central coastal Peru late Tuesday, with no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
The quake was of magnitude 6, Peru’s Seismological Center said, while the US Geological Survey, which monitors quakes worldwide pegged it at magnitude 5.8.
The quake struck at 9.54pm local time (0254 GMT Wednesday), with an epicenter 33 kilometers southwest of Mala, some 100 kilometers south of Lima.